Friday, March 27, 2015

Blue and gull




This is one of the originals - number 91. There aren't too many left at this point. 



This is one of my personal favorites, however there haven't been any stamps that I felt looked good. Of course I had been overlooking international stamps, and I like the simplicity of the 2013 global forever stamp with this one. I like the blue and white theme - it reminded me of Katerina, as a lot of her mail art from Greece is blue and white-themed. I hope she likes it.



And the back.




__________________________




The mystery continues. Eva is on 1 point for guessing that it is a flag. More points for guessing which flag, and where I sent it.

4 comments:

  1. The combination is perfect. If I wait until I find the right stamp... I'd never sent mail! :)

    About the guessing... is it the USA flag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I think I am lucky here in the USA, there are lots of different stamps issued every year, and many of the older ones remain available to buy until the post office runs out (and even then you can often buy older stamps on ebay or etsy that are not too expensive.

      I also have a lot of envelopes now, so have a nice set of possibilities and can wait for the right stamp for each one. Or at least that's the theory.

      And we have a winner - it is indeed the US flag. 2 points to Eva!!

      Delete
    2. I usually made every mail on purpose... It's way I'm so slow in answering!

      I'm glad I guessed! I didn't say "USA flag" at the beginning because I thought it was too easy... :D

      Delete
    3. And because I make envelopes ahead of time I have to make space for storage... but it has become a habit, now, and I enjoy making them.

      Delete