Sunday, January 14, 2018

W is for Writing

I have had this envelope from Eric for quite some time. I'm glad I saved it for W, as the beautiful stamps show the evolution of writing implements, and after all, stamps were created for sending letters. These two show a fountain pen and a reed, used as an ancient writing tool. Love the colors of this envelope from Eric, and the splashes of blue on the stamps. You can also include 'watching', if you take into account the blue cat in the top stamp.



The back is also stunning.



12 comments:

  1. I had seen these stamps on the net, and I thought that, were I in France, I would have bought a bunch of them. On Eric's envelope look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would have sent many letters with these stamps :)

      Delete
  2. Indeed a beautiful combination! The stamps themselves are wonderful (as is the theme :-) ) as is the combination with the envelope - and the pencil sharpener on the back (didn't we all first learn writing using a pencil?!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb envelope and stamps. Love a nib.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being left handed, I was never very good at writing with a nib!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is indeed a neatly designed envelope! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is funny is that I didn't even notice the cat at first.

      Delete
  6. Those were the days when writing was an art. I remember using those huge pencil sharpeners well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ones screwed down to a desk or bench top. Funny how times change.

      Delete