Sunday, December 2, 2018

N is for Night

Eva has a great mail project where she sent out envelopes with questions about mail monsters accompanied by these excellent stickers...






Here is the mail monster she drew on the return envelope, with the mail monster I created (collage).



And the stamp I used to send it back is the global rate moon, shown, obviously, at Night, with a dark blue background. It was issued in 2016 and the rate back then was $1.20. Then in 2017 the rate was cut to $1.15, where it will stay through at least 2019. (Image from Eva's blog).I like to think the mail monsters are more active during the night.




The Moon stamps come in a sheet of ten with a great background (none of the other global rate stamps look so nice, being printed on white).




For more of the mail monsters, click here.

For more nice stamps with an N theme, check out the links at Sunday Stamps.

6 comments:

  1. I like the mail monster has four arms, I picture them whirling around like your collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to have lots of arms to make the most of the rapid mail stream inside the machines (which is where I imagine the monsters live).

      Delete
  2. The mail monster's right foot scares me, a little. Nighttime is surely the best time for monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the right amount of wrong, isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for re-posting the envelope here. The Moon stamp is one that I'm never tired to see on the letters.

    But, anyway, it's always night inside the mail boxes and the mail machines...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I think you're right! Although I think I saw a picture of a plexiglass see-through one at Heathrow airport...

      Delete