Monday, March 23, 2020

We all see the same moon

Wonderful mail from Heleen that was a surprise arrival two days ago.


And inside one of her favorite postcards of her home country - stunning view.


I was very happy to see that both PostNL and USPS worked very efficiently for me to receive the letter on March 21st, with a postmark of March 16th, even in these tough times!

Thanks, Heleen, it really lifted my spirits after what felt like one of the longest weeks of my life. (And I will answer your moon-related question in my next sending).

8 comments:

  1. Very nice envelope and postcard ! Hope you will receive my letters too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be blogging your recently received mail this week. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, so fast! Even more surprising is that this envelope not only must have seen machines but also people: the (rubber, not cancelling) stamp print on the moon says 'frankering gecontroleerd', which means 'postage checked'. Because both stamps are a little older, the one on the left even from the era that international mail vksted 72 cents, the postal machines must have said: look!, and then someone has checked (maybe counted by head!? :-) ) if 72 plus 91 eurocent (the present '1' rate for national mail) is sufficient (1.50 euro that is, now).
    Even this extra way didn't bother the mail's journey: this is the fastest journey ever, between NL and US, to my experience!..
    So happy to read that my mail made you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 5 days is the fastest from Europe to here. A couple of Eva's letters have taken this fast trip, some from France and some from the UK (although the trip to the UK seems to take longer in the last year than I am used to).

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful work, and the stamps are perfect.
    You are receiving a lot of Moo-related mail, Finnbadger!

    ReplyDelete