Monday, May 27, 2024

Sunday Stamps on Monday

 This week's theme is mountains.

Here's a 1.30 Canadian stamp issued in 2020 featuring Kootenay National Park in British Columbia. Part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain range is located in the park, and highest peak, Deltaform Mountain reaches 3.424 m / 11,234 ft.



It is from the 'Far and Wide' series, which has lovely images on what are sadly very small stamps. Thankful to my phone camera and the internet which allow us to see the nice details.

For links to more mountains on stamps, visit See it on a Postcard

15 comments:

  1. I agree these are far too small! They show very beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received several from the series and I wish they were all bigger

      Delete
  2. Yes Canada post does seem to like small stamps maybe they all have perfect eyesight, unlike me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they are cheaper to produce?

      Delete
    2. Could be. Noticed they sell these in coils of 50 or a coil strip of 10 so that also could be an influence. Coils always fascinate me as we don't have them, it seems to be a North American thing, ours (UK) come in sheets.

      Delete
    3. I was told that people were complaining about the larger sized stamps? Coils are in this smaller size.

      Delete
  3. The only good thing about these stamps size is that they fit well on a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stamp. The dotted cancellation marks are interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is standard for Canada Post. Interestingly, I don't believe they do an special postmarks on their canceling machines.

      Delete
    2. Some places have a special cancel, but you have to ask.

      Delete
  5. oh yeah! There it is the stamp we have in common 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It's the only one I could find in my stack with a mountain on it.

      Delete
  7. It's a lovely mountain. I looked up it's unusual name. I don't see the resemblance to the Greek letter delta. Maybe from a different angle.

    ReplyDelete