Today's theme is inventions, and I think innovations. loosely fits this theme.
This set was issued by USPS in 2020, and covers the modern marvels of computing, biomedicine, genome sequencing, robotics and solar technology.
The stamps have a foil effect which makes them quite attractive, yet also obscures the image somewhat. They are also hard to photograph!
You can see non-reflective version here: Innovation
I sent an envelope for a first day of issue pictorial cancellation to Eva (image from her blog).
For more stamps featuring inventions, explore the links at See it on a Postcard.


They look like fun stamps, with that effect; probably much better in person 😊
ReplyDeletethey really make you look closely!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, these are better in person for better appreciating the details. But anyway, I think the design is great and it goes well with the idea of innovation.
ReplyDeleteI also think that these should be easier to appreciate as originals rather than as scans, even though I find them graphically a bit oversaturated...
ReplyDeleteI like those, they will look good on an envelope. Yes foil stamps are better in person, a nice thing to have, I'm rather fond of gold cancels too, they don't scan either.
ReplyDeleteThey must be very pretty in person. And what a perfect word to fit the theme!
ReplyDelete