Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday stamps - birds

 I found a few stamps for today's theme.

From Germany, a peacock which is part of the wonderful World of Letters definitive set, issued in 2024.

From the Netherlands, a bird delivering an international envelope

And this impressive California condor issued in 1996. It reminds me of the Skeksis in The Dark Crystal!

Finally, love birds on a postmark from earlier this year

Explore the links to more bird stamps at See it on a Postcard.



8 comments:

  1. It's not often you see a closeup of a condor! ~violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks quite kindly in this illustration - although I'm sure it would be unwise to get close to one.

      Delete
  2. oooh... I love the condor stamp!!! and the cancellation stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the first two, and they are lovely. Very apt for "air mail"! Oh, and I have also got that cancellation, thanks to you :)

    The condor looks a bit frightening to me!

    ReplyDelete