Monday, May 5, 2014

Diary of a missing postcard: Monday


I made the trip to the local post office on my lunch break last Monday to pay my 34c and retrieve my card.

No line at the PO - bargain! Pay 34c - easy. 



Counter worker brings me a card and I leave. As I am walking to my car, I look at the card - it isn't addressed to me, instead it is for a neighbor. I almost leave and deliver the card myself (and would have if the line had been long), but I have received a lot of incorrectly addressed mail recently, so I go back in and gave the card back. The guy isn't sure exactly what to do, so I just say not to worry about the 34c (the beleaguered post office needs it more than I do) and go on my way.

I thought this was the end of the saga, but if you tune in tomorrow you'll be able to read the last installment.



2 comments:

  1. Phillip,
    I got one of your Metro Maps P.C.
    Part of your address was missing.
    "Thank you". It was very interesting.
    How did you make it?
    Nancylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad you liked it. I made it in photoshop then printed it onto the card (I buy postcard sheets that feed through the printer). It is a redesign of a real-world metro map - have you figured out which one?

      Delete