Friday, February 13, 2015

Bonus postcards & bonus link





I received this one from MissiveMaven... I couldn't wait until October to post this one, so how about a little Halloween received in January and blogged in February!



And some fun washi tape and sticker action on the back. Great stamp, too, celebrating the bicentennial of the Library of Congress (a stunning building, well worth a visit).


________________________


One from Karen. the outer layer is a transparency of some kind - very cool in person.


And some great vintage stamps.


From Honi C.

_____________________

A happy new year from Liberty.



___________________


Nancylee sent this pretty winterscape. Hey, that could be the post office's next 'scape' set, to go with cloudscapes and earthscapes. 


_____________________


A bright collage from Jazzie.


_______________________


The scan isn't going to do this one justice at all.



Julie created this postcard using five different fabrics, then used a sewing machine to make neat edges. I wouldn't even know how to turn a sewing machine on!



She used the Nevada statehood stamp to complete the theme. 

________________________

Another one from Honi C

__________________________

'Stolen page 176'. The flower Hester added to this page makes me think of a strelitzia


Hester used a great Alexander Calder stamp to send this one - even more fitting as the year of the Horse draws to a close.

________________

Bright orange and fuschia bicycles from Rose.



More color to cheer up a dreary February from Terrie.


__________________________


Bonus link to two articles from the designer of the upcoming Summer Harvest stamps, Michael Doret. I think the design of these is great. I wish it had included a couple of the originals - the lemon and pineapple ones in particular.






6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Of the new ones I like the sweet corn and tomatoes. I think these will be a big hit this summer.

      Delete
  2. from this view, I was really liking the original designs better (and yes, those lemons!) but I'm really glad I clicked through and read both articles. I have a much deeper appreciation for the new batch and love seeing all the design changes along the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by the detailed changes, for example having to design the letters of watermelon to make them less pointy.

      Delete
  3. So many great envelopes in today's post. Thank you for posting my Stolen Page, why only kidnap a few words when the whole page is just as fun, I agree with Karen, the original designs are so much better on the postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how the new set is more unified, though. Plus they have to feature the word forever. Fascinating story, regardless of which set of designs you prefer.

      Delete