Saturday, April 18, 2015

Third and final MM/CB update



The final installment of MM/CB's South American adventure arrived at the end of March.

This picture was taken in Huaraz, Peru. The center was a little scraped by a postal machine adding its own little artistic touch.

Welcome back to the US, MM/CB. Thanks for the journey.




_____________________


Update:

MM/CB offered the opportunity to send occasional correspondence. 


This is envelope 606. His next adventure is working with a conservation group involving wolves. I tried to find a wolf-related envelope among my stack, but came up dry. For some reason I always think of bees when corresponding with him - he spent time in an apiary in South America - hence the insert. And I think he has a beard.


___________________

Update 2:

My prints arrived in the mail! They are wrapped in plastic, so the photo is not the best.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi, this project was funded on kickstarter. The more you funded, the more 'rewards'. I forget the level I funded, but it allowed me to respond to the postcards, receive multiple postcards, then choose a card I received to be blown up as prints (all the postcards have an original photo attached), both image and message from the reverse. I think the prints are mounted on 8x11 inch - basically ready to frame. I liked a different postcard photo more, but this is by far my favorite message, so this is the one I chose. This is my second kickstarter art project that I took part in - a bit weird to fund someone else's trip, in a way, quite a vicarious thing to do, but ultimately I enjoyed it a lot.

      Delete
  2. I have received my second postcard. I was a bit deceived because he didn't write the place where the picture was taken (the postcard was sent from the USA).

    As your wrote, it's a weird thing to do. But I have funded some cultural/artistic projects like that (just this one in Kickstarter; most in Verkami). I think it's a good way to help specific people to do aw things. And, of course, we get our recompenses! The latest one we (my husband and I) funded was about... beer! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the rewards at the end of the event, or journey, are a nice bonus.

      I think he was having trouble with his computer/printer/whatever he had for making photos on his travels, so he mailed the last batch from the US.

      Delete