Thursday, June 11, 2015

Insects part 1




Jean and Jan ran an envelope exchange in May.

I had picked up a couple of cheap calendars in February for potential envelope making. This set is from a Christopher Morley calendar, and I splurged on the Insects and Spiders stamps to match. The back of the envelopes also turned out well, so I scanned those too.

To Florence




To Kate



To Jan



To Carroll




To Jack



And one to Eric, where I did something a little different in order to accommodate the four stamps needed for international mail.



8 comments:

  1. These are great, I enjoyed my envelope very much, such rich colors..! he matching stamp was wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed putting this set together, so it is great to hear you enjoyed it so much. And this set of stamps is really special, I think.

      Delete
  2. Well yes, you just HAD to splurge on those stamps for those envies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on the responses from the recipients, it was worth it.

      Delete
  3. The bugs are beautiful! Like gems with legs. I cannot bring myself to use my insect stamps. Yet. Perhaps when I am 99.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, but I needed something to accompany the envelopes, and these were perfect.

      Delete
  4. Ops, I have read part 2 before part 1. Of course these are also wonderful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. It is OK to read the blog in a non-linear fashion :)

      Delete