Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday Stamps - the northern hemisphere

I always think of cold and ice when I think of north.

Carina sent me a great little booklet in the form of a tiny letter which arrived in this envelope with a superb cold stamp.


Ice fishing from Finland! And of course, in true Posti style, the bottom half of the stamp has a special shape. The stamp celebrates 'Everyman's Rights' to enjoy nature. It is from a set of 6 celebrating this theme in 2016, the 100th anniversary of Finland's independence.

You can see the other stamps here at Posti, the Finnish post office.




For more stamps from the northern half of the world, visit the links at Sunday Stamps.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I definitely don't get the fun in sitting around a hole in the ice, freezing your behind off.

      Delete
  2. I received the same Everyman's Right stamp last month. I really like Posti's fashion of having special shape in one edge of the stamp. I also shared Finnish stamps but for the week dedicated to the eastern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete