Monday, October 22, 2018

Bonus J is for Jack-O'-Lanterns


J is also for Jack-O'-Lanterns, the first ever USPS Halloween stamps issued in 2017. Halloween is huge in the US, so I am surprised that they don't have issues every year. They were certainly a success, as they are no longer available from the online store, unless you want to buy giant press sheets for $60 dollars each (I think that is 120 stamps). A few post offices might still have them in stock.


I received one as part of this months envelope exchange run by Jean W over at Pushing the Envelopes - this one is the fantastic handiwork of Chuck M. I love how the close-up photo came out - it really shows off the inner glow of the pumpkin.





For more J japery, head over to the links at Sunday Stamps.

8 comments:

  1. For Halloween this year, USPS has awesome magic and dragon stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both sets, and the magic set is my favorite to go with Halloween mail.

      Delete
  2. I think the American mail artists and letter writers really need Halloween stamps every year. How unthoughtful from the USPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think they would enjoy making a lot of money off these stamps.

      Delete
  3. Love that suitably spooky envelope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it! Reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas.

      Delete
  4. I can see a pumpkin lantern from our window - it's no where as spooky as these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the stamp Chuck used is the creepier of the 4 options. The others are more fun and goofy to me.

      Delete