Sunday, April 14, 2024

Leaves

 Today's Sunday Stamps prompt is Trees and Leaves.

I chose this 5c stamp from Germany, which arrived by way of postcrossing.



The water lily stamp has leaves (lily pads), and then there's the petals on the flower. Petals are modified leaves, and the petals on the stamp are made of paper, which is (mostly) made from trees. A complicated route to today's theme! I love this new (since 2022) definitive set from Germany featuring all things related to letter writing turned into all sorts of landscape features.

To see more stamps with leaves and trees as themes, head over to See it on a Postcard.

____

I have a bonus eclipse stamp to add to last week's post!

Violet S very kindly sent me the amazing Canadian eclipse stamp which arrived yesterday - I love it, thank you so much!

You can see here that there are is also a hidden effect on the stamp.



Sent on the back of sun over Niagara Falls - this matches our weekend which is very sunny.

And if you'd like to see my bonus eclipse post where I held the 2017 stamps over a hot stove to get them to change color, it's here.

13 comments:

  1. I really like that stamp. I think it’s the best of the series. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pencils making up the center, and how it is ready to overlook that at a glance

      Delete
  2. I had to look twice to see the pencils! That is a creative touch. And, you're welcome - unfortunately, Niagara was too cloudy, but where I am was perfect viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to see it, we had great weather, too.

      Delete
  3. World of Letters is also a favourite series of mine. And of every letter lover, I guess.

    I bet the eclipse stamp made your day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stamps especially the eclipse stamp. The reds of the sunrise/sunset over Niagara Falls makes it look like a landscape on Mars. You sent me an envelope with Ink in a teacup and the US eclipse stamp. Always makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember, I enjoyed putting that one together

      Delete
  5. Very clever, trees giving us wood, which makes paper, which gives us stamps! It's also a clever stamp, a letter waterlily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really amazing design, and also promotes letter writing

      Delete
  6. Germany has done a lot of nice postal themed stamps over the years, this one is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete