Saturday, March 29, 2014

MMSA Grid part 1


I think the industrial design stamps are very attractive, but they don't match handmade envelopes very well, I think because they are so striking themselves that they tend to distract, or maybe clash, rather than complement the envelopes. This is another one where I used the whole sheet resulting in 11 postcards in the swap, and one to the host. I also sent a duplicate to Jean-san.



When Karen I announced a Grid theme for a postcard swap, I immediately thought of these stamps, which have a grid-like design on the bottom of each one. 

Here are two I designed for this series:


And here are the first two that I received in the swap (interesting how the cards, mailed all at the same time from the same place, don't always arrive at the same time) from Rose H and Cathy I. I really like the whole effect of Rose's - including the space in the grid left blank. If this was a larger work I could hang it at home. The $1.00 price label on Cathy's is great, made me smile.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi updated post. Love the grid post cards, your industrial ones were a great match! Back to buying stamps, the Jimmy Hendrix ones just arrived and they are great. I bought them online and it worked really well.

      Delete
    2. I like the Jimi Hendrix stamps, too. I'm sad the industrial design ones are no longer available.

      Delete