Friday, March 28, 2014

Year of the Horse part 4: stamps, and a Bonus Link


The first MMSA challenge I took part in was for the Lunar New Year of the Horse, which I think are very attractive.  The reason I sent 11 postcards in for the challenge is because the stamps come in sheets of 12 (I always send the organizer, Karen I her own card as well). The colors I used in my cards were inspired by the sheet.


I wondered what kind of stamps I would see on the cards I would get in the exchange....

Counting them up: one 39c Disney, one forever Building a Nation, one forever freedom flag, one forever justice flag, 1 forever Modern Art, one with 3 x 33c apples (thick item), one 32c aloha shirt +2c, three with 33c apple + 1c, one forever Harry Potter, and one forever autumn flag.

I was surprised not to get a single Year of the Horse one - maybe I'm more into the stamps than the average swapper. And it wasn't because people are bothered about overpaying - 7 out of the 11 had excess postage.

Now a reward for either skipping past my ramblings or reading all the ramblings - a fantastic piece of mail art received by Eric B (in France, although he blogs in English).

4 comments:

  1. ok...now i have to do that, too. it reminds me of the award winner on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella's clever nesting envelopes also crossed my mind as soon as I saw it.

      Delete
  2. Funny you mention the stamps. The morning I mailed my package to Karen, I stopped at the PO to purchase the Year of the Horse stamps for my cards, the PO had sold out! This was the main PO in Boston. I had to use other stamps on the postcards and was disappointed, but the swap was fun. Great set of envies on Eric's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that happened to anyone else? These days I have been buying my stamps online.

      Delete