Friday, February 19, 2016

Oz Mega Win

This showed up on my phone when I was playing words with friends.


 Screen captured (but not downloaded) and sent to Eva inside this envelope. Front:



And back:



___________________________________

Bonus reblog.

Last year I sent another Oz piece to Eva. Recently Eva showed the stamped side.



I find the GIANT cancellation fascinating. I have never seen anything like that before. Also entertaining that it ended up in the wrong corner, leaving the stamps unmarked. They even managed to escape the dreaded sharpie.


Update!

Eva forwarded a picture of another received large postcard where the giant cancellation is in the correct position. I wonder if this is for larger pieces of mail that USPS classifies as 'flats'.


And here's the close up


Thanks, Eva!





5 comments:

  1. A wonderful giant cancellation indeed. Love it, too (and the fact the stamps remained unmarked :-) )!
    Nice idea to send this Oz printscreen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it was funny when it showed up on my phone. And also funny, is how mail calls make me look at so many things as potential mail art material.

      Delete
  2. The cancellation is super! And, as Heleen wrote, after all the stamps remained uncancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the new image - the blog is now updated.

      Delete
    2. Now I wonder if I have received more like these...

      Delete