Sunday, October 1, 2017

I is for Ingrid Bergman

Initially I was going to use this for the letter J, a joint issue between the US and Sweden, commemorating Ingrid Bergman. You'll have to wait and see what took its place for J next week.

The US issue consisted of one stamp, whereas there were two from Sweden. As with some other joint issues, the Swedish stamps were available to purchase via USPS. While they are not acceptable for postage, it is allowed to put them on envelopes, and I thought that Heleen (and previously Eva) would like them.



I think this collage, Face off V, was inside.




11 comments:

  1. I thought of using my Ingmar Bergman stamp - am glad I didn't now as your post with both issues is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and by Ingmar, I really meant INGRID!!

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't normally buy the other stamps in a joint issue, but I liked the Swedish ones a lot.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the before and after of the Ingrid's journey. I like the contrasting stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like most joint issues are not done with such different stamps.

      Delete
  3. Both the Sweedish and the US stamps are wonderful ! A nice tribute to Ingrid Bergman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought the Swedish ones were a lot nicer than the US stamps, however the US design has really grown on me since I bought them.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe we chose the same this time.! I think it is the first time in our (long) A to Z story... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the second time... the first time was Quidditch :)

      Delete
  5. Good to see more of the Bergman stamps.

    ReplyDelete