Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas stamps - religious themes

 For Sunday Stamps on Christmas Day - click for more links to Christmas stamps

Two of this year's Royal Mail Christmas stamps


This year's Virgin and Child stamp from USPS 

And from Eva in Spain, a traditional wooden nativity scene, and a modern one

If you celebrate, have a nice Christmas. If you don't, I hope you have a peaceful day.

If you're under the effects of winter storm Elliot, I hope you are safe and warm! (-13 C / 8 F here)

11 comments:

  1. You've named this storm?! At the moment we have blue sky, but the wind is still howling.
    I love seeing your stamps with your Christmas animals. For some reason, I like seeing the star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Merry Christmas. I'm not foolish enough to have travelled this weekend.

      Delete
    2. I think the Weather Channel started naming the winter storms in 2012/2013

      Delete
  2. Yes the weather channel names the storms. I have shared the USPS Virgin and Child stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postmark gave mine a weird effect, covering Mary's face

      Delete
  3. The stamp of Mother and Child I got from the USA is also too much covered with the postmark. And I got only one from the UK -I'm afraid postal service in the UK is crazy right now.

    You will get the Spanish 2022 stamps... in 2023 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family in the UK sent their cards in November :)

      Delete
  4. My friend, Tiggy from Scotland, sent me a card with the Wisemen stamp. It's really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wise UK family taking the 'post early' seriously.
    Love a church nativity display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also posted earlier than usual to the UK. I hope the series of postal strikes ends soon

      Delete