Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Stamps: The Karst edge

 This week's Sunday Stamps theme is mountains, and I'm going to bend the theme a bit with this Slovenian stamp issued in 2025, as it features cliffs instead. This fascinating and beautiful part of Slovenian topography results from the transition from the Istrían plateau to the Adriatic Sea.

The stamp is labeled EUROMED POSTAL, which is a regional subdivision of the Universal Postal Union consisting of 22 Medierranean nations. The theme for 2025 was 'Resources of the Mediterranean'. The website requires you to be a member, however you can see the top three entries here.

For more mountain themed stamps, explore the links at See it on a Postcard


12 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful picture. And I like there is a person to get an idea of the size.
    Euromed stamps are among the best of every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to enlarge it to see the person - well spotted

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. According to the web, you can see the Alps from here

      Delete
  3. I like the light in the landscape on the stamp. The theme seems to have resulted in a diverse view of the theme. There are another fourhere which I like better than the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am kind of disappointed if the proportions are correct. Without the person I'd take it for much, much larger. I like the sun and shadow of it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the change in elevation is in the range of. 300 meters, so the stamp doesn;t show the whole height

      Delete
  5. Having followed your link, this part of Slovenia looks like a beautiful escape.

    ReplyDelete