Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kraft paper envelopes

There's something about envelopes made from Kraft paper. There's a certain feel to them, and the neutral beige tends to be a perfect background for pretty much anything. And even though they seem plain, they still stand out from the usual white-enveloped bills that come in the mail.

I recently bought some for a mini-project, so now I have extras. 

These two were sent to Rebecca (in the UK) and Ana (in Brazil), with some artistamps added for fun.



I returned an add and pass sheet that Ana had sent ages ago.



With my additions...



Here's a collage I sent to Rebecca.



I also forwarded a doodle add and pass to her that Diane originated, and Jason sent to me.



I forgot to take a 'before' picture, so can you guess what doodle I added to this one?

15 comments:

  1. I love kraft paper I'm still looking for kraft envelopes drawing-friendly, like the ones I got sometimes. But it is not easy!

    Did you added the ghost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you said ghost, I had to go and look for it myself.

      Delete
  2. I am so smitten with these artist stamps. Gotta make some! As I wrapped a little package I need to mail today in a grocery bag I was just thinking next year B could be for Paper Bag Brown, I too LOVE kraft paper. The perfect neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're already planning for next year - and brown bags would be the perfect B.

      Delete
  3. Didn t you add the neuronal network on the left ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a winner!

      I often doodle like this. I started out vague, then tried to turn it into a creature of some sort towards the end... with 2 eyes if you look closely at the 'head'.

      Delete
    2. Indeed I had missed the eyes. Now I see them. Cool.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks - and yes, brown paper packages have a wonderful feel to them.

      Delete
  5. Kraft means cheese to me. Fun doodles and you know I am going to like the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phillip - I love that people are happy crafting ... I'm just not going to achieve anything ... I'm so hamfisted ... but fun to see others' work ... clever - cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/l-is-for-legendary-beasts-of-britain.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly I never considered myself an artist or crafter of any kind. If I've convinced you that I am, then maybe I am!

      Delete
  7. The Kraft paper envelopes look like a fun base for mail art.

    ReplyDelete