Sunday, December 31, 2023

Night Scenes for New Year's Eve


 

The New Year's Eve theme for Sunday Stamps is night scenes.

Based on how bright this lighthouse is shining, I'm going to go with at least twilight on this stamp, which luckily arrived yesterday - Canada Post knocked it out of the park with this design. Also, I had no idea how large the stamp was until I received one - perfect to spot all the little details.



To finish up a postal (mis)adventure, here is the conclusion to my story that started on this post.

I mailed four large envelopes (or 'flats' in USPS-speak) to the UK, France, Netherlands and Spain on Dec 1. The one to the UK was returned to me on Dec 11 with a label saying it needed a customs label, while the others reached their destinations. Well, as soon as I added the customs label, that meant the flat was now a package, so I had to add about $11 to the original amount (shown below). The amazing news is that, in spite of some really slow travel times to Europe in December, it arrived in 10 days, just in time for Christmas.


Two of the Woodland Animal stamps are night scenes - the rabbit and the owl. Interestingly, I have received several rabbits and foxes, but neither of the others in my holiday mail. 

For more links to night scenes on stamps, visit See it on a Postcard.

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve celebration, and best wishes to everyone for 2024.



10 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that sending whatever to the UK in the post Brexit era is a nightmare. But I'm glad that eventually it arrived on time! Every one of those envelopes has its own story (you'll read about).

    Oh, I'm happy to see the woman with the umbrella again. She is on the Christmas mood :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mail does seem to be taking longer to travel to and from the UK these days, although a postcard recently only took 10 days, which during the holiday season seems very speedy to me.

      Glad you enjoyed the picture of the umbrella girl looking her Christmas best.

      Delete
  2. I am glad that some of the newer stamps are bigger so that the designs can be enjoyed. The Far and Wide series was a huge disappointment with their tiny size. I really like this woodland animal series (hoping to receive some...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those stamps are really tiny. I hope you'll receive some of the animals

      Delete
  3. I didn't purchase the Woodland Animals stamps as I still had last year's Elf stamps and Santa's visit stamps from the year before. All the best for a Happy, Healthy, and Creative Mail Art 2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope to find some time for mail at in 2024

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing, and happy 2024 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful seascape snowy scene on the Canada stamp!!! I do like the woodland animals. Happy 2024!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Canadian stamp is my favorite of the season

      Delete