Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Envelope exchange 2014: to and from Mary Katherine




Another Japanese block print. Sadly I didn't keep the artists' names from this set of calendar envelopes.



I almost went with another bonsai stamp. This last choreographer stamp was lying out (having used one on the Rothko envelope to Chuck K). I had regretted buying the choreographer stamps as I really thought they weren't all that well-designed - they don't seem to evoke movement at all. After this exchange, I think they just need a perfect backdrop to shine.




___________________________

Mary Katherine sent this great envelope inspired by the boats on the envelope I sent her.


She also pointed out that the choreographer on the stamp shares her name - something I didn't even notice when I sent it. 

Mary Katherine's handwriting is amazing - it is tiny and perfect - I thought it was computer printed at first.

(And I had no idea the Civil War stamps were so large)



Adding to the nautical theme, she included this neat dollar bill origami sailboat.



I sent a thank you on a postcard pre-stamped with the same theme.






No comments:

Post a Comment