Sunday, December 13, 2015

Advent - dear data


Eva got me hooked on the Dear Data project, where two women, Giorga in New York and Stephanie in London collected data about their lives each week, created a visual representation of it, then sent it on a postcard to each other. The project is almost over, with only a few weeks of postcards left to go on the blog. This will be turned into a book, too.

I tracked my own mail art data for a week, and sent the results to Eva. It was so hard, I can't imagine being able to keep it up week after week for a whole year, and if you read the website there were some weeks where it was not so enjoyable. You can also listen to an interview about this project here.


2 comments:

  1. One of the best pieces of mail I've got this year! At least, one of the most surprising and unexpected :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So crazy that I did this, and I have no idea how the two dear data women made it through a whole year - I would have hated my life.

      Delete