Sunday, March 22, 2020

Signs of Spring

Today's theme for Sunday Stamps is signs of spring, and I think this trio of stamps from Taiwan fits the bill. Birds, and flowers blooming!




The two stamps valued at 5 NT$ are from a set issued in 2017 titled Ancient Chinese Palace Museum - Immortal Blossoms of Spring II. You can see the others in the set at this link.

As for the 13 NT$ stamp, I have come up empty in my online search.

Find out what others have chosen by exploring the links at Sunday Stamps.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely, fine works of art! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are beautiful, and perfect for today's topic.

      Delete
  2. These are fine stamps. I don't know why at first sight I thought they are Japanese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What seemed odd to me at first was that they celebrate Chinese art - and of course it is we who refer to the country as Taiwan, whereas it is formally the Republic of China. So of course it makes sense to be Chinese art.

      Delete
  3. I love the delicacy of these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine the fine skills of the artists.

      Delete
  4. Ces timbres sont magnifiques et je comprend qu'Eva les prenne pour des timbres du Japon,les fleurs les oiseaux sont des thèmes souvent utilisés,de nombreux artistes Français ont été influencés par le Japon ,cela a donné un courant artistique "le Japonisme"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating how different cultures and styles have influenced artists over the centuries.

      Delete
  5. I like the two birds close together on the branch, on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Chinese nature paintings and that poetic title "immortal blossoms of spring".
    I had a look on Catawiki's collectors portal and your mystery 13 stamp is "bird preening" from a 1995 set - Ancient Chinese Woodcuts/Engravings.

    ReplyDelete