Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday Stamps - Music Makers

 I like this theme as it has a wide interpretation.

I chose the stamps I used on this envelope to highlight three individuals who made contributions to music: Johnny Cash, Edith Piaf, and Miles Davis


The Johnny Cash stamp was issued in 2013 as part of the Music Icons series. This remains one of my favorite USPS stamps ever.

The Edith Piaf and Miles Davis stamps were part of a 2012 joint issue with La Poste (France).

Head over to Sunday Stamps for links to more Music Makers

8 comments:

  1. I posted a more recent stamp in the Music Icons series. I agree the Johnny Cash stamp is great, but, they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a big fan of the series, long may it continue.

      Delete
  2. All three have stunning designs. They look superb on envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fins them all to be atmospheric, and I feel like Johnny Cash is looking right at you.

      Delete
  3. The leaning back stance of both Edith Piaf and Miles Davis is an interesting coincidence.
    (for some reason I couldn't earlier this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music Icons be one of the best series ever, all with their different vibes. Love the moody black and white.

    ReplyDelete