Sunday, January 1, 2023

Sunday Stamps on New Year's Day

 The theme today is archaeology, and you can see more stamps on this topic via the links at Sunday Stamps.

Royal Mail issued a set of stamps last year to mark the 100th anniversary of the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb by archaeologist Howard Carter. Luckily for me, as they are a beautiful and vibrant set, I received one of the stamps on a postcard.



Joy has the full set on display today if you'd like to see more.

Happy new year, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I bet that pendant would feel comfortably heavy around someone's neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it would - and be a sign of power and authority

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stamp. The Worcester Art Museum where I teach has a Jewels of the Nile exhibit that coincided with the 100th anniversary. The exhibit closes on 8. January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lucky enough to get some of these. They are really beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful object, it is indeed a striking stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post thank you Michael

    ReplyDelete