Sunday, January 28, 2024

Trees

 The theme for this week's Sunday Stamps is trees.

The Christmas tree is still up (probably going to come down at Candlemas), so here's one of last years Snow Globe stamps with a Christmas tree inside, a bit obscured by the postmark, which festively has a matching tree inside a snow globe.


And just in from Fabienne, this lovely stamp celebrating the tenth anniversary of France's Patronage Law, which concerns philanthropy, and philanthropic organizations and associations.


For more links to trees on stamps check out the links at See it on a Postcard.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't considered Christmas trees for today's post! :)
    The second stamp is beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Fabienne's tree hadn't arrived yesterday I would only have had the Christmas tree to show

      Delete
  2. Love the globe cancel, a perfect postal combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to commend USPS this year, their holiday postmarked were very nice

      Delete
  3. The globe stamp is so cute! The French stamp is so "gentle" with its soft colors: very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the snow globes set, they looked great in the holiday mall I sent out. And I agree about the tree - the delicate details is the roots really stand out for me.

      Delete
  4. I don’t feel so bad. My Christmas Pageant/Nativity is still up - CJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took everything else down, but I like having the lights on the tree to cheer me up in these dreary January days.

      Delete
  5. Nice postmark, but the USA is rather heavy handed on the mark on the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holiday postmarks have tended to be that way the last several years

      Delete
  6. I love that French tree! I actually bought a new fake tree after Christmas and have it set up and ready for upcoming easter ornaments. In the meantime I'll enjoy the lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice idea to have a seasonal tree. Amazing how humans have been drawn to trees and decorating them for millennia.

      Delete