Monday, January 20, 2014

Envelopes 79 & 93 : Exchange 13

I still have a couple of envelope exchange entries to go.

My first response to Betty R was envelope 79. The front: the lady at the very top of the flap is my favorite.





Stamped: I like the contrast of the sharp-eyed poet with the deckchair sleepers.



Addressed:


And the back:


When I was finished, I wasn't 100% happy with it, so I sent a second envelope. I'm not quite sure what I didn't like so much, maybe the address should have been horizontal. I like it better on the blog, I think - maybe I was just being nitpick.

This envelope also had a woman's face on the 'liner', and in this case I have no idea who she is, an actress most likely.


The front of number 93: this is one of the glossy magazine envelopes. 


Stamped: there really was no other choice here.


Addressed: I emulated the stamp lettering. Perhaps this could have worked better if it was lower down, but I liked the overall effect.





And the back.

3 comments:

  1. Love all the faces! Great envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...these are really lovely. i hope you aren't having *sender's remorse.* i always get a little sad when i see that you have sent one of your creations out into the world. they thought they were so safe for 20 years and then -wham- tossed out into the world. now i want to write a science fiction book about mail that is actually alien creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Hester. This is another one where I was amazed that the perfect stamp for the 20 year old envelope exists.

    Hi, Jean. No sender's remorse - in fact the opposite, glad for these babies to fulfill their original purpose rather than sit in the basement. I did, oddly, feel a little bad about covering up the sleeper's face with a stamp. And your sci-fi idea is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete