Friday, May 1, 2015

Double the Oz




I sent two envelopes to Eva for her Wizard of Oz mail art project.

If you're  regular reader you may want to sit down first, because I hand colored this first one. It was a commercial card, and the yellow made me think of drawing the yellow brick road with Oz shining in the distance. I just noticed that I could have placed the Ocean Temperatures Global stamp upside down for a more accurate rainbow. I think the sky appeared a bit bluer on the real envelope compared to the scan.



The second is another tornado image. I liked the tones in the Hudson River School of Art stamps.


4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the postcard is still lost in way... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's a shame. My scan isn't that great, sadly.

      Delete
    2. I like the brightness of this postcard. I keep my hope. Mu latest letters to California needed two months to arrive...

      Maybe I will publish it on the blog anyway. So I need a new section: lost in way... :(
      Well, I can change the status if they arrive one day, can't I?

      Delete
    3. Of course, the great thing about the internet is that you can go in and change the past if you like - George Orwell's 1984 come true.

      This sending is actually an envelope with a commercial card inside. If I see the card again in a store I will take a photo and send you that, too.

      Delete