Sunday, August 9, 2015

Jan and Jean's July exchange & Sunday Stamps

Today's Sunday Stamps theme is food and drink. Go here for links to more stamps with this theme.

USPS recently issued a set of four great Summer Harvest stamps. I decided to use them in Jean and Jan's latest envelope exchange, as well as a few bonus envelopes.

The five envelopes for the exchange, including one that was screaming for hand letters.









Bonus ones for Jean, Jan and Hester.





And extra tomatoes for Eva.




This set of stamps started out their design process more than a decade ago. Michael Doret, the designer, has a great two-part article on his website that is worth checking out if you would like to see the progression, as well as the fruits/vegetables that never made it.


8 comments:

  1. I love these stamps!
    I was going to say that they would also make great retro looking postcards.. and then I checked out then links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do have a retro feel to them, don't they.

      Delete
  2. Indeed great stamps!
    I also love the fact that there's a different typography chosen for each stamp.

    The links for some unknown reason don't open, maybe I'll have try to seen them later.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be working fine for me. You can also look directly at michaeldoret.com where part 1 is the blog entry on 19 January 2015.

      Delete
  3. What a pleasure it would be to receive envelopes with stamps like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is one of the best designs USPS has released in a while.

      Delete
  4. The tomatoes have landed! I love them. What a refreshing surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like them... and the stamps, which seem to be a big hit with everyone.

      Delete