Sunday, August 16, 2015

A summertime of inkblots

When I had the mini 'ink blot' challenge it made me think of real inkblots.

I used up the rest of my watercolor postcards (good) but purchased blue ink (bad) to make them.

I kept a terrible record of who they were sent to, as well as of how many there were.

Here's a sampling.



I know I sent MomKat one, in this envelope that was made from the reverse of a poster Erni gently removed from a wall in Hamburg and sent me.



The reason I know this, is because she collaged it into a face.


 


The card arrived in a Greek Summer Time envelope, complete with a great stamp - it must be summertime if you're bathing naked in a stream! Although this stamp, issued in February this year, depicts Thermal Springs, so maybe it would work all year round.





Accompanied by one of Kat's owls, and an artistamp in her signature blue.


For more stamps related to summertime, head to Sunday Stamps.



8 comments:

  1. The inkblots had me looking for patterns. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat said she thought they reminded her of the Greek islands.

      Delete
  2. That Greek stamp does look summery. I hope so anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wouldn't want to unclothed in the winter that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of thermal springs but it must be a temperature shock coming out of them in the winter. Greece is the perfect summer bathing destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for invigorating the skin, though!

      And yes, a Greek island holiday in summer - perfect

      Delete
  4. Well, last week was certainly hot enough for skinny dipping!

    ReplyDelete