Sunday, March 1, 2015

Envelope 262 - Jimi gets his Rothko on for Rose, and Sunday Stamps: the faces of Johnny and Ray


Hendrix on Rothko for Rose.



And Jimi's face fits todays' Sunday Stamps theme. Be sure to check out the links on the Sunday Stamps page for more great faces on stamps.

More Jimi.




Of course my favorite face to use on the envelopes is Johnny Cash. These are all the previously blogged envelopes of Mr Cash that I have sent. The first one includes a bonus face in Ray Charles, another favorite stamp. Then I couldn't resist adding some envelopes of Mr Charles sent & received.

All three are part of the music icons series.







The Johnnys, as promised.




































And one of my all-time favorites that I received from Jean. Do you have a favorite Johnny in this bunch?


Johnny would have celebrated his 83rd birthday a few days ago on February 26th if he was still alive.
RIP.
_____________________________


Top 5 blog posts update.

Well, it finally happened, Cathy's great orange Ray Charles envelope (featured above) has been knocked off the top spot. Thanks to my taking part in Sunday Stamps, the St Valentine's Day post is now the most popular. How ironic, a 'holiday' I don't really like that much! Another two Sunday Stamps posts have also broken into the top 5. February 2015 saw a new monthly high - just over 2800 page views, a few more than the previous best month, which was January 2015.

Thanks for viewing the blog!





8 comments:

  1. A superb collection of envelopes with three famous stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. I'll be sad when the PO finally sells out of Johnny.

      Delete
  2. I also love the Johnny Cash stamp. That was a fun ride finding his face (hidden, almost) on all those envelopes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had fun - I really like hiding Johnny in the dark spaces in envelopes. Quite unusual for the PO to release a stamp with so much black on it - makes it hard to tell if a stamp has been cancelled or not. Jimi is the opposite - his stamp has nearly every color on it. I love how happy Ray Charles is in that image of him. I've used him on quite a few birthday cards as it is easy enough to commandeer an orange envelope in card stores.

      Delete
  3. A rich diversity of styles, these stamps have certainly fed your imagination. I like this series of stamps which always bring out a unique aspect of the performer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't show the fourth one in the series, as it doesn't focus as much on the face like these. I do like the series, and I'm looking forward to further additions this year.

      Delete
  4. OMG, how many beautiful envelopes! I also receive a J. Cash stamp from you, for the Oz project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I forgot about the tornado one. Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete