Friday, September 12, 2014

29 faces in September part I: envelopes 369, 379 & 248



CJ is taking part in 29 faces in September. I realize that the point here is to draw the faces, either improving or starting your face-drawing skills, however I don't have the skill or the time to draw them...

...so I thought I'd do it with envelopes instead. I have a lot of envelopes in stock, and many of them have faces.

So, 29 envelopes with faces, 29 stamps with faces, and 29 more faces inside.

There will be an update every second day from today until the 30th.
____________________

1/29: #369 to Jean



I hope Jean didn't keel over when she saw that I handwrote the address.





Here's what it would look like with the 70c butterfly stamp:


And the butterfly image:








____________________
2/29: #379 to Christophe

Mailarteeth for the win (and another handwritten address - what's going on!)

Ah, you poor unsuspecting beauty...



Airmail poses a bit more of a challenge, but the vertical format lets me add Mr Lincoln


Time for your makeover.


I like the way both eyes are on the back.


____________________
3/29: #248 to CJ

Mr Benedict Cumberbatch makes his envelope debut.



There can be only one choice: Johnny Cash on the lapel.



From the back you'd never know there was a person on the front.

4 comments:

  1. You clever boy! That is such a cool idea. Can't wait to see the mail art in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope it makes it - the one to France already arrived.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. Envelopes are more my thing than drawing by far.

      Delete