Friday, April 21, 2017

Reconnecting via repetition & variation

Remember under M is for MMSA? Here is the missing repetition & variation swap postcard.



Turns out it was a) delivered to the sender, and b) the sender was Jan H, who I used to exchange mail art with, but haven't since 2014. So it arrived quite a bit later than the other three cards.

Jan sent the returned card to me in this awesome painted envelope.




And she included this intriguing piece titled Blur.



Great to 'see you in my mailbox' Jan, even if it was through a postal misadventure.

When was the last time you reconnected with someone through the mail? Did you initiate it, or did they?

13 comments:

  1. That mail adventures is for the Z-post. You must wait to know it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan's artwork looks fab. I'd want to put the envelope in a frame and then wonder which side to display!
    R is for Rann of Kutchch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phillip - I love the art work and how fantastic you were able to reconnect again ... what fun - cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/r-is-for-rare-breeds-survival-trust.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great reconnection - plus lucky me, with a bonus envelope and piece of art.

      Delete
  4. Great way to connect and reconnect with people it seems to me. You must get a warm feeling to get such arty post.
    My reconnecting this week has all be associated with disconnection all connections in my office and keeping my fingers crossed hoping I could reconnect to the internet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to see a gem like this sticking out of the pile of bills and stupid fliers.

      Good luck with the internet - that's a brave move in the middle of the A-Z challenge.

      Delete
  5. how lovely to have that re-connection through the mail! An envelope addressed to you! I always get a thrill when something arrives in the mail ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun when a misadventure reconnects you with a fellow artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even better when it also comes with a piece of mail art you thought was lost forever.

      Delete