Monday, April 24, 2017

Teeth

Christophe has a project titled MailArTeeth. You can see all his tooth-related mail art here.

He sent me this nice envelope and card to wish me happy 2017.







I've been contributing every now and again for a while now. Here's my latest contribution - I hope it made it, as it was 12 x 12 inches!

(And a confession - I mailed it in a mailing box and it sort of got stuck a little bit, fairly far inside - I couldn't get it to fall all the way into the box, so hopefully that didn't annoy a postal worker).

Update - it arrived in France, slightly bent, and not even postmarked!

Here it is before it's travels.



What do you think about teeth as a mail art topic?

Would you be grossed out or entertained by receiving something like this through the mail?


21 comments:

  1. Hi Phillip - it is certainly creative - and I love seeing your envelope to Christophe ... very clever - I wouldn't be grossed out at all ... just wouldn't like them dropping on the mat all day and every day!! Cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/t-is-for-turkey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Screamin' Sicilian is entertaining! I really like the speech bubble:)
    T is for Tavaa Toast

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have contributed to the mail art call several times (a long ago). This is not my favourite theme, but no doubt it is original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be getting close to 30 submissions now...

      Delete
  4. I think this theme very original! Contributed twice so far but am inspired to create more (apart from the fact that I have to go to the dentist for the half year's check this afternoon).

    Most I like the thing Cristophe is wondering aloud in the introduction text on his blog: 'Why to have postage stamps teeth?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, do you wish we could go back to 1840 when you had to cut the stamps out of the sheet yourself?

      Delete
  5. Some truly intriguing mail art here. Your letter carrier must get a hoot out of this. Find me here. LINK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post today. Great idea for T. Such fun images!
    Texture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was one of my favorite mailarteeth to send.

      Delete
  7. Teeth wouldn't be my choice of mail art to receive, but overall I think the idea of mail art is so much fun! I've been enjoying reading your posts. They make me want to send out some mail art of my own!

    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge. See My “T” post here: https://lydiahowe.com/2017/04/24/t-is-for-tenacity-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  8. An unusual mail topic but one with so many possibilities. Your contribution is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'adore ces nouvelles créations !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would not like to be bitten by a set of Gnashers like those of the Screaming Sicilian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mail art... it's a topic I can sink my teeth into. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I wanted to somehow tie in "takes a bite out of crime" but lacked the brain power.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Turkey

    ReplyDelete